‘XPS file format’ is something that most of us have noticed when trying to print a document from MS Office software. But, what this format exactly is and what it is used for is not something very well known.
- XPS (XML Paper Specification) is a document format developed my Microsoft which performs pretty much as an alternative to PDF file format.
- XPS file allows user to, Save , share, digitally sign and protect documents.
- Just like a PDF document, saved XPS document, preserve its original format and cannot be edited after saving.
- While XPS documents can be created using MS office package, to read these files we need to have either MS Office Suit or XPS viewer.
We often waste time trying to select and deselect text in MS Word documents. Following are some very useful keyboard shortcuts that may save a lot of time in creating Office documents.
- To select a word – Double Click on the word
- To select a sentence – Ctrl + click anywhere in the sentence
- To select a paragraph – Triple select it
- To select adjacent characters – Shift + Arrow
- To select adjacent word – Shift + Ctrl +Arrow
Using the selection area to the left of the document
- Single click – Select a line
- Double click – Select a paragraph
- Triple click -Select the whole document
The answer is YES;
There is a simple software developed by Microsoft which enables users to install Windows 7 on any computer with the usw of an USB, This is not only easy, also considerably fast.
Here is how;
1) Download Windows 7 in Iso format. (Read my other post if you are not sure what this is.)
2) Download the software from CNET.>
Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool
3) Run the software and follow the instructions; this will make a bootable USB,
4) Restart the computer >Go to BIOS > Booting order > change the booting order making “boot from USB” number one in the list
5) Exit BIOS and start thr computer > Stick the USB in the port > Restart > computer will ask to boot from USB > Enter >
6) Now computer will start copying files from USB to a temporary folder in the computer, after this step it will automatically start installing windows 7.
*** once files are copied and installing stated, force remove the USB to allow the computer to boot from the Hard disk at next automatic restart***
Note ; -The process will completely erase the USB drive, so make sure you don’t have any important files in the USB.
– Installing process involves the computer automatically restarting several times and usually takes 15 -20 minutes.
Here is how to get around this ,
1) Launch Acrobat or Adobe Reader,
2) Select Edit>Preference,
5) Click OK.